Friday 8 June 2012

Jacobs Unleashed


Jacobs Unleashed

MARC JACOBS loves to smoke - "smoking's the best! Smoking and sleeping are the two best things in the world" - but he hates people talking about when he was a "fat heroin addict," mostly because it's totally inaccurate.
"That was the stupidest thing I ever heard," he said, "because first of all I was never a fat heroin addict, I was a skinny heroin addict - and I got over that luckily. I was fat when I stopped doing drugs, not while I was doing drugs. I don't know anyone who's fat when they're doing drugs."


He also gamely acknowledges that consumers have no need to buy his creations for his own label or for Louis Vuitton - but do so for the same reason that he'd like a private jet: luxury.
"Luxury is anything you don't need, right?" he told Germany'sInterview magazine. "I mean you need food, water, clothing, shelter… but good wine, good food, beautiful interiors, nice clothes; those aren't necessities, they are luxuries - it's all luxury. I mean, I'd love to have a private jet - I know people who fly by private jet all the time… I've hitched a ride a few times and it is not overrated at all; it's a great way to travel!"


He also revealed all about working with his now-friend Victoria Beckham on an advertising campaign for his label in 2008, long before she launched her eponymous brand.
"Victoria would never have been the type of person that I think anyone would have thought of as our customer," Jacobs said. "[She] liked the idea very much and was totally into it so I said to Juergen Teller: 'Let's treat her like she's a kind of product.' Because she is, she's created herself… And the first image you saw was just her legs coming out of a shopping bag."





No comments:

Post a Comment