Wednesday 23 November 2011

Elle's Story


Elle's Story

ELLE MACPHERSON was another victim of the News of the World phone-hackingscandal, it has emerged.
The supermodel dismissed her former advisor, Mary-Ellen Field, after she suspected her of leaking personal details to the press. It later transpired that the information had been obtained by News of the World through intercepting voicemail messages.

 "The hacking of Elle's phone led to my life being ruined over the five years because I was wrongly punished and ostracised for being the source of the disclosures," Field said in court yesterday.

Field said that Macpherson attributed her alleged disclosures to alcoholism and as a consequence was sent to rehab to recover.

"She said she knows I would never go to the press unless I was alcoholic," Field explained. "I have never even had a cigarette in my life. I didn't even know what they were talking about."

The Australian supermodel spoke out for the first time about phone hacking yesterday.

"I made a decision not to become embroiled," she told theTelegraph. "Contrary to any suggestions, I categorically deny receiving any compensation whatsoever. I really didn't need to be jumping on a bandwagon or crusade. I don't think I was aware of the magnitude at the time."

Macpherson's spokesperson could not be reached for comment.



Source: VOGUE - ELLA ALEXANDER 23 November 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment