Monday 13 February 2012

Daddy Duffy


Daddy Duffy

ROBERT DUFFY, Marc Jacobs' business partner and right-hand man, has spoken for the first time about becoming a father at the age of 57. Duffy married his partner Alex Cespedes in Provincetown, 
Massachusetts in May 2010 and - after a year-long domestic adoption process - brought home their daughter Victoria Alexis Duffy last summer, changing everything about their lives.

"When we first started getting serious about each other, Alex told me that he wanted to have children," Duffy told WWD. "I've got 2,000 of them working with me, I have 14 godchildren, and I am 57… My priorities changed completely. I was always just working. My job has been my life. Marc and I started the company in 1984 and he was my family. All of a sudden, within the three last years, I am married with a kid. In the past, there was no way that I would be sitting here doing this so close to the show, but I want to be at home now. I want to be with the baby."

And, after being his best man at the wedding, Jacobs was also called upon to act as godfather to Victoria; a task that he wasn't entirely confident about.

"All Marc said was, 'Robert you can't be serious that if something happened to you and Alex, I would get the baby," Duffy said. "'No,' I said. 'But you oversee her interests, and her financial interest in the company. I don't trust anybody else, other than my husband.' Strangely enough, Marc is the only person in the world I trust unconditionally to do the right things. It was so important to me that he would be a godfather, not because I think that he would raise her, but I know that he would make sure that she would be raised properly."



Source: VOGUE - LAUREN MILLIGAN - 13 February 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment