Thursday 9 February 2012

Karl Apologises


Karl Apologises

Karl Lagerfeld has apologised over comments he made over Vogue cover girl Adele's weight.
"I'd like to say to Adele that 'I am your biggest admirer,'" he told the Metro. "Sometimes when you take a sentence out of the article it changes the meaning of the thought. What I said was in relation to Lana Del Rey and the sentence has since been taken out of context from how it was originally published. I actually prefer Adele, she is my favourite singer and I am a great admirer of her. I lost over 30 kilos over 10 years ago and have kept it off. I know how it feels when the press is mean to you with regards to your appearance. Adele is a beautiful girl. She is the best. And I can't wait for her next CD."

The singer herself, who this weekend appears on US talk show 60 Minutes with Anderson Cooper, opened up about how comfortable she is with the way she looks in last year's Vogue October issue.

"I enjoy being me; I always have done," she explained. "I've seen people where it rules their lives, you know, who want to be thinner or have bigger boobs, and it wears them down. And I don't want that in my life. It's never been an issue - at least, I've never hung out with the sort of horrible people who would make it an issue.  I have insecurities, of course, but I don't hang out with anyone who points them out to me."

Updated Tuesday February 7, 10.01am: Karl Lagerfeld has offered his take on our new cover girl and music sensation Lana Del Rey. The Chanel helmer swapped design for journalism yesterday as he became guest editor at Metro World News in Paris, giving his views on the day's top stories.
"I prefer Adele and Florence Welch to Lana Del Rey, but as a modern singer she is not bad," Lagerfeld said. "The thing at the moment is Adele. She is a little too fat, but she has a beautiful face and a divine voice. Del Rey is not bad at all. She looks very much like a modern-time singer. In her photos she is beautiful. Is she a construct with all her implants? She's not alone with implants."


He is, however, markedly more impressed by Barack Obama.

"Yes he does [deserve to be re-elected], especially because of Mrs Obama," he explained. "I'm a big fan of Mrs Obama - and her face, I think, is magical. He would not be there without her. Mrs Obama is not a fashion statement, but she has other things to do. My favourite thing about Mrs Obama was when she was asked if her skirt was not too tight and she answered 'Why you don't like my big black ass?' I want [Barack] Obama to win because there is nothing better anyway, and especially because of her."


The designer was a little more cryptic when it came to his own love life. On the topic of sex, he said: "I'm not very much interested in that... I think sex is an overrated subject", and upon being asked when he was last in love he responded: "I don't know. I like freedom."



Source: VOGUE - ELLA ALEXANDER 09 February 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment