Tuesday 18 October 2011

Forever Young.....


WORKING on Marc Jacobs' dance hall-themed show was unlike any Fashion Week experience model Codie Young has had before.

SEE YOUNG'S CATWALK LOOKS

"It wasn't like working on any other runway show because you're on that catwalk from start to finish," she said. "There was this real sense of excitement as the curtain went up and a sense of relief when it went down again. It was a performance more than a show. Marc is so passionate about his collection. He really takes time to choose the models he uses. For the fittings, each model had to pull a pose like in the show - it reminded me of the musical Chicago."
SEE THE MARC JACOBS SHOW

Australian-born Young made her catwalk debut last season at the autumn/winter 2011-12 shows and has since walked for Chanel, Marni, Rick Owens, Sonia Rykiel, Erdem, Peter Pilotto, Mulberry and Carven.

"This season was much easier than last, when I walked for 49 different shows," Young told us. "I was so tired by the end of it - this time round was much more enojoable. I knew what to expect, I'd made friends and there were less castings because designers knew me."
Now 18, Young was scouted in her local shopping centre just over a year ago but, despite her impressive career so far, she says art is where her heart lies.

"I love what I do, and how it gives me a way to travel - but it is just a job for me," she explained. "I love art, particularly painting - but it's difficult to carry around all my materials when I'm modelling, so I draw a lot at the moment. Before I was scouted, I was going to go to art school. I still want to one day - maybe in San Francisco. I like the idea of the arty vibe they have over there."

For the meantime Codie looks every inch the model, dressed in chunky military boots, a vintage shaggy jacket, skinny black jeans a faded T-shirt - a look she describes as "hippie-grunge".

"I love vintage shopping," she tells us. "London is so good for that. I'd much rather find a piece that's one of kind than head to Zara and buy something everyone else has."
Despite her ambitions to study art, Young still has her eye on some big labels for future modelling jobs.

"I'd love to work for Viktor & Rolf and McQueen," she said. "The creativity behind each of those labels is incredible. If I got to wear a pair of McQueen shoes I think I'd die. The thought behind the designs is amazing."

Source: VOGUE - ELLA ALEXANDER

No comments:

Post a Comment