Wednesday 19 October 2011

October 19 - ON this day in history...


October 19

ON this day in history...

...2001, Alexander McQueen revealed he had a strange crush - on Michael Portillo. "It was really exciting to meet Michael," said McQueen. "If I'd been allowed to vote I'd have got him in. I've always fancied him."

...2004, the unexpected friendship between Kate Moss and Sarah Ferguson was explained. Both Moss and Ferguson were set to appear naked but for a pair of Jimmy Choos and some Cartier jewels in a book to raise money for Elton John's AIDS Foundation. Ferguson was photographed with her modesty covered by a silk sheet while Moss was completely bare with a cigar hanging from her lips in the book entitled 4 Inches.

...2004, Tom Ford admitted that his time at Gucci was not all sober sailing. "Five o'clock every day, man, it was cocktail hour," he said. "And those cocktail trays came out, trays of vodka tonics, and the whole staff would keep drinking till like 9. I drank through the whole thing. Maybe I was a bad boss. I think I was a good boss."

Source: VOGUE - BIBBY SOWRAY 19 October 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment