Friday 27 January 2012

Chanel Girls


Chanel Girls

EDIE CAMPBELL was given one of the ultimate modelling accolades on Tuesday, when she closed the Chanel spring/summer 2012 couture show - but the experience was nearly all too much.

"Well I didn't really realise that it was a big deal until I was told by a few people just how important the wedding dress is," she told us. "And I wasn't nervous until about two minutes before I had to go on, at which point I nearly did a runner - but I'd probably be a bit obvious sprinting into the distance wearing a wedding dress."

The "bride" is typically thought to be the most important look of a couture show, and allows the designer to demonstrate their most intricate and impressive techniques - and Campbell fully understood the responsibility of wearing such a dress.

"I'm very flattered and a little confused," said Campbell of her role. "There were 25 people assigned to making that wedding dress and I had to try to animate all those hours of labour, so in that sense the model is important."

Currently represented by Viva London, Campbell was suitably impressed by Lagerfeld's latest Chanel offering, which took blue as its primary theme.

"I'd wear head-to-toe blue every day if it didn't make me look like a Smurf ,so yes, it's right up my street!" she laughed.

Another Chanel muse and the label's latest campaign star, Alice Dellal, also offered her praise for the iconic designer.

"He was so nice and so genuine," she said in an interview for Chanel. "I wasn't surprised by how genuine and cool he was because you can tell that, but to be able to talk to him and share the same opinions was really nice. [The campaign] was such a good experience - I'll remember it forever."


The British model fronts the house's new handbag line - previously modelled by Lily Allen, Vanessa Paradis and Blake Lively.

"It's so weird and so unexpected," Dellal explained said of her new role. "I'd never thought I'd so something like this. I don't want to compare myself to the other girls, who have done this, but they're all really different and so am I."



Source: VOGUE ELLA ALEXANDER 27 January 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment