Friday 27 January 2012

Creative Collaborator


Creative Collaborator

JEFFERSON HACK's new No_Code collection for Tod's could lead you to believe he has followed his ex-love Kate Moss to turn his hand to design - but Hack insists the collaboration was more creative than manual.

"I am not a designer," he insisted. "Please don't call me that. I respect the work of real designers too much to try and pretend to be one! This collection is the product of a collaboration where I was invited to bring my point of view to Tod's. I oversaw every element and worked closely with talented designers at Tod's and an amazing support team of my own. Together we created an identity for the collection that I am very proud of."

Created for men or women, the collection of shoes and boots - which can be worn for day to night, with any look; hence No_Code - was more than a year in the making, and channels some of Hack's favourite muses.
"I was thinking of quite tomboyish, or at least tough, girls and I couldn't help obsessing over Lee Miller," he confessed. "I have the biggest crushes on dead girls. Lee Miller is a girl I am in love with. For the man, I am not sure I really had one a reason as strong as that; I just like the style of many of my male friends. I love it when I see girls wearing boys' styles of shoes. I think it can be super elegant, and also at the same time strong and confident."



Source: VOGUE - LAUREN MILLIGAN 27 January 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment